Get new similar jobs by email for
4 on 4 off Nights Operative
COLD STORE OPERATIVE
1 role working Nights 4 on 4 off 18:00-06:00 (must have MHE experience)
The Cold Store Operative is responsible for the receipt and despatch of product through the temperature controlled warehouse, ensuring incoming products are correctly stored and located and outgoing product is correctly identified, picked and loaded.
· To correctly unload and store deliveries ensuring products are correctly stored and located and pallets are labelled up with the correct details. Ensure the delivery meets the load/order requirements including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
· May include blast freezing duties and handballing product as required. Includes the stuffing/destuffing of containers, inserting/removal of spacers and other manual case work.
· To correctly pick, build, load and despatch orders ensuring that paperwork is clear and concise and pallets are labelled up with the correct details including reconciliation of any delivery notes.
· Ensure all tasks are correctly documented be that with paperwork or using the Warehouse Management System via the RF Handheld Scanner.
· Report any discrepancies and damages. Ensure any work completed that would attract extra charges is noted and informed to the office team.
· To be responsible for driving MHE in a safe and courteous manner. To monitor and report wear and tear to vehicles as well as to help prevent and report damages.
· To adhere to all Company policies, procedure and training and ensure adherence to all health and safety and hygiene rules.
· Must have experience of working in a fast moving chilled/frozen warehousing environment.
· Ideally the applicant must be both experienced in and qualified for driving Material Handling Equipment Bendi Flexi/Pivot Truck.
· Must be proficient in the use of RF Handheld Scanner
· A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
· Should be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested to meet the needs of the business.
· 4 on 4 off' shift pattern in a 8 week cycle
o Permanent Nights 4 on 4 off 18:00-06:00 including 2 x 30 minute paid rest breaks
o £336.60 per week (plus £38.61 night shift allowance, equivalent £8.91 per hour)
· Authorised overtime is required occasionally to cover holidays and is paid at x1.5 basic pay
· 20 holidays per year including Bank Holidays
· Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled working days are normal working days
· £30 Good Attendance Pay available each month of 100% attendance