Get new similar jobs by email for
Account Manager - Automotive E...
Conference, Meetings and Events Account Manager
Our client is recruiting for Account Managers for their Automotive clients.
Candidates will be exceptional people managers with a strong background within the world of meetings and events, be this corporate or agency side.
This is very much a hands on team management role with project managers and project executives reporting in. As well as the overall Account Management of your clients, your team are very much your responsibility. You will be a hands on manager who empowers their team and works alongside, leading by example.
60% team management and 40%client management
To manage profitable, prestigious client events, using staff and other resources in their preparation, planning and delivery, globally, exceeding client business objectives and expectations.
To Identify new opportunities and leads for existing and new business development, working with the Account Director to expand the client portfolio.
· Ensure that the highest standards of event planning and delivery are maintained through the effective management of Project Managers and Project Executives.
· Work with the Account Director to add value to clients’ events through advising on beneficial additional services; creative ideas; business solutions and negotiation with 3rd party suppliers in order to achieve maximum contribution.
· Ensure usage of Client and Company processes and procedures by project teams, resulting in consistency and standardisation in delivery of all events organised through streamlining working methods.
· Ensure the effective usage of in-house project management systems and processes and the application of client driven systems such as STARCITE.
· Assist the Account Director in the preparation of comprehensive and informative written proposals for existing and new clients with support from Sales and Marketing where necessary.
· Carry out site inspections of proposed destinations and venues and produce reports, as required.
· Produce, manage and circulate key communications e.g. weekly status reports to all key meeting stakeholders e.g. Client, Exhibit Agency etc
· Travel on-site to manage all event requirements and onsite staff for larger and high-profile events.
· Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory and client-defined compliance guidelines.
Client Liaison and Development
· Assist the Account Director in the implementation of the Account Development Plan.
· Liaise with and advise clients, using knowledge and event experience to ensure that their business objectives are met.
· Build, maintain and develop long term relationships with clients.
· Assist the Account Director with the preparation of management information for clients
· Complete understanding of client business structure, products, policies and key personnel
· Plan, attend & execute client planning meetings - face to face, webex and/or telecons, where required
· Oversee preparation of supportive meeting planning materials for Client Planning Meetings
· Attend Client briefings, project meetings and post-event debriefs, as required
· Apply excellent written and verbal communication skills, both yourself and your team
· Oversee the preparation and maintenance of budgets throughout the lifecycle of each event.
· Approve client invoices prior to despatch, as required.
· Support the Account Director in production and maintenance of the business plan, to maximise profitability of projects including management fees, time costs and secondary revenue (where permitted).
· Maximise the efficiency of the team resources and time management, to ensure optimum net margin.
· Ensure that cost avoidance/saving measures are identified, quantified and reported.
· Ensure financial tracking of each event and conduct regular ‘health checks’ to ensure positive cash flow.
· Ensure compliance with company & client invoicing processes.
· Ensure accurate final reconciliation of events within agreed timelines.
· Maximise revenue generation from allocated/targeted accounts.
Staff Development Motivation and Management
· Support Account Director and/or Senior Account Manager in reviewing and appraising the team in line with Company procedures.
· Support the Account Director and/or Senior Account Manager in the review and implementation of development plans for the account team.
· Work with Account Director and Project Managers to organise, plan and prioritise staff and resources to meet objectives and deadlines.
· Assist Account Director with recruitment of Project Managers and Executives.
This role would suit: Account Manager, Events Account Manager, Account Director, Event Account Lead, Conference Account Management, Conference Account Director, Meetings Account Manager, Conference and Meetings, Events Account Manager, Automotive Events Account Manager, Event Staff Manager.
This role would suit: Account Manager, Events Account Manager, Account Director, Event Account Lead, Conference Account Management, Conference Account Director, Meetings Account Manager, Conference and Meetings, Pharmaceutical Events Account Manager, Automotive Events Account Manager, Event Staff Manager.