Accounts Assistant – city centre Manchester – starting salary of c£18,000 (plus excellent benefits, training and incentives)
As a result of recent promotions and client growth, an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant with strong MS Excel skills to join one of our most established clients on a permanent basis. This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work for an outstanding organisation that have experienced consistent and now accelerated growth, enabling them to maintain an excellent reputation as well as the ability to offer their employees the very best in terms of working environment and benefits.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of the principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Previous experience working with a large ERP system – either SAP, Oracle or Sage
- GCSEs and/or A-Levels in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with first-class customer service skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills at all times
Role and Responsibilities:
- Verify supplier invoices received within the departments scan and capture system, ensuring information is recorded accurately
- Matching and batching invoices in line with company tolerances
- Prepare regular supplier statement reconciliations, resolving any queries in a timely and professional manner
- Raising supplier Invoices and pricing queries with suppliers and group purchasing
- Liaising with internal and external staff including buyers in resolving delivery issues
- All manual invoices have correct authorization approvals
- Prepare for weekly payment runs
- Answering inbound calls from supplier querying their invoices
- Working closely with colleagues across the business regarding invoices and payments
- Posting payments, Direct Debits, etc.
- Keeping up to day with Supplier maintenance by updating bank details, creating supplier accounts, and keeping the ledger clean
Applications: To learn more about this newly created opportunity based in city centre Manchester working as an Accounts Assistant; please call and speak with Emma Lloyd here at ISR in our Manchester offices on 0161 973 2533 or please send through a copy of your very latest CV and/or online profile for an immediate call back.