Get new similar jobs by email for
Accounts Assistant - Food Service - Permanent
Hannah Food Service is a growing FMCG family run business who have been serving the food service sector encompassing Health, Education, Wholesale and Fast Food for over 40 years.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant on a full time basis to support the Finance department primarily by being responsible for accurate and timely management of cash and bank activities on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
Cash & Bank
· Responsible for reconciliation of high volume multi-currency Cash & Bank accounts
· Prompt investigation & resolution of queries connected to Cash & Bank reconciliations
· Month end Cash & Bank reporting and analysis
· Petty cash and credit card management
· Handling letters of credit
· Processing payment requests
· Balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility
· Posting monthly general ledger journals including exchange revaluation and accruals
· Developing daily cash flow reporting and monthly short term cash flow forecasting
· Ensuring necessary business procedures and controls are in place and respected to safeguard cash
· Liaison with external auditors as required
· Able to support and deputise for Accounts Payable function including:
· Matching invoices against delivery notes or purchase orders
· Posting invoices & credits
· Raising payment runs
· Supplier reconciliations
· Expenses processing
Other ad hoc duties as required to support the MD, FC, Finance team and wider business
· Previous experience of completing complex cash and bank reconciliations is essential
· Experience of SAP B1 is desirable
· Sound numerical skills and attention to detail
· Competent Excel user
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Performs well under pressure
· Pro-active and inquisitive approach with an abundance of drive and self-motivation
· Commercially aware and able to liaise with staff at all levels across the business
· Experience working within a similar Finance role / business environment
· Able to pass criminal checks
£20-25k + Holiday + Pension + Parking + Staff Discounts + Numerous Other Benefits
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment Drug Test.
Hannah Foods operates a zero tolerance Drink and Drugs Policy
Your application status and all correspondence will be made via email. Please check your email account regularly.
Only applicants who demonstrate they meet ‘the person’ specification and ‘qualifications’ will be shortlisted. If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this job advert as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hannah Foods are a family run business who have been serving the food service sector for over 30 years. All our products are brought in from local, national and international suppliers direct and are distributed by our fleet of temperature controlled vehicles.
Focusing strongly on customer service Hannah Foods has built up a good reputation which has led us to help serve all our customers in not only being a reliable supplier but also one who has a variety of knowledgeable staff who can help guide customers on all the products we sell.
Hannah Food Service, Raymond House, Garnett Place, East Gillibrands, Skelmersdale, WN8 9UB