Get new similar jobs by email for
Group Financial Controller (In...
Group Financial Controller (Interim)
Reports to: Group Finance Director
Temporary Contract - 1 Year
Following an internal reorganisation, the Group is looking to recruit a high quality interim Group Financial Controller who will be responsible for the management of the Group function. The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Head of Tax and Commercial Finance teams to fulfil their responsibilities
The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the timely production of all internal and external financial reporting, reviewing treasury exposures and assisting with projects as they arise.
This is a fully rounded Group Financial Controller role covering all aspects of central reporting for a FTSE listed PLC.
* Timely and accurate delivery of all group financial reporting requirements including
o monthly management accounts,
o financial consolidation
o board reports
o listed interim announcements and annual reports and
o statutory audit processes.
* Produce Group balance sheet and cash flow forecasts as required
* Review the group FX exposures to ensure we are appropriately hedged
* Monitor and manage the cash position of the Group
* Assist with Tax and other treasury matters including managing transfer pricing processes, as necessary
* Lead corporate simplification exercises in UK, Sweden and other countries as appropriate
* Maintain Group policies, ensuring they are up to date, efficient and effective
* Lead, develop and enhance the Group finance team
* Further development of HFM, leading implementation of additional phases
* Leading the development and roll out of Group accounting policies and the evaluation of new accounting standards
Qualities and Experiences
An ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience:
* Candidates should have a strong academic background with an accountancy qualification originally gained with a leading international accountancy practice.
* Experience working for or with multi national listed companies demonstrating strong technical skills, knowledge of foreign exchange calculations and risks and experience of acquisition accounting requirements
* Experience of developing and producing timely and accurate management reports providing clear, meaningful management information to stakeholders
* Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to reason, persuade and influence effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels demonstrating commercial awareness and common sense.
* Demonstrable experience working well under pressure to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and focus.
* Highly resourceful with a willingness to get involved and roll-up sleeves to get a job done.
* Must like /relish growth, change and a fast paced culture