Registered Mental Nurse - Night Shift
£2.00 per hour enhancement for hours worked over contracted
If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference to their lives, this job could be just what you are looking for. Right now, we are actively hiring for a professional and experienced RMN for a leading provider of residential, nursing and EMI care homes in the UK to work night shift hours per week. If you love focusing on the care of individuals so that they may attain, maintain and recover optimal health and quality of life, this is the right opportunity for you!
Treelands Care Home
Oldham, OL8 2QH
We are recruiting full time Registered Nurse Mental Health to be a part of our reputable nursing care home TREELANDS CARE HOME situated in OLDHAM to cover night shift hours per week. The home caters 80 residents and offers Nursing and Residential care. We care for people those with Dementia, Mental Health Condition, Old Age, Physical Disability, Sensory Impairment, and Younger Adults. Facility & Services we offer are Palliative Care, Day Care, Respite Care, Convalescent Care, and Separate EMI Unit.
In collaboration with Home Manager you will be required to contribute toward achieving the highest possible standard of care, through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
Some of the duties involve:
- To promote independence & improve mobility in the elderly & dementia residents
- To lead, motivate and mentor your staff team, deliver guidance, training and development opportunities to ensure work practices are safe and conform to standards
- Focus not only on the physical ailments associated with aging, but also with mental impairments
- Identify client’s care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual residents and other relevant persons
- Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by the Home Manager
- Ensure that Clients’ Care Plans are completed and maintained and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines
- To ensure the correct ordering, storage and administration of drugs in accordance with client’s requirements, medical and pharmaceutical agencies
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Care home has an individualized Care Plan & Client Care Plans are reviewed
- Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift
- Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations
- To participate, promote and engender the quality culture of Handsale Care Group by adhering to Quality Assurance Systems
- Active NMC Registration / PIN
- Satisfactory CRB / DBS checks
- Team player
- Experience / qualification in care for relevant client category (Elderly Care)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Highly Competitive rates of pay (£14.75 hourly)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- £2.00 enhanced rate for hours worked above contracted
- Excellent training and support
- Established, Reputable, Forward Thinking Employer
Handsale - Founded in 1988, Handsale has over 27 years’ experience in the healthcare industry, and currently operates EIGHT CARE HOMES across the UK – providing a total of 523 BEDS. Our managers are all experienced, skilled and caring. Each of them has an open door policy.
Teamwork is what underpins our approach.
If you are a proactive, professionally presented registered nurse & want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long term role. Let us know about your willingness. Send your CV today by clicking on the Apply button below.