Get new similar jobs by email for
Ruby Software Engineer
Ruby Software Engineer
Our client, based in Hampshire, is looking for a Software Engineer due to company growth.
If working with a market leading organisation sounds exciting and you would like to find out more, then we would love to hear from you.
About this role:
· Assisting with the technical design and development of our clients applications as part of Scrum and engineering teams
· Developing secure, performant and scalable applications/software services that enable our client to achieve its business goals
· Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working/team knowledge
· Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable. Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
· Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
· Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
· Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
· Expert in at least one language and you must have coded in Ruby.
· API and Service Development – be able to design and code services that are resilient, performant and scalable
· Understanding of SQL and No SQL database technologies. Be able design performant queries, appropriately normalised schemas and basic tuning against MySQL/MariaDB and/or MongoDB.
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI/CD), including build scripts and version management tools
· Commercial experience working in agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum and eXtreme Programming
· Knowledge of the principals of virtualisation with VMware or OpenStack, AWS/Azure
· In-depth knowledge of security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
· Demonstrable expertise in design and implementation of testing frameworks, for example Unit Testing, BDD/TDD, Performance Testing and Security Testing (Fuzz)
· Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
· 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
· Contributory pension
· Life cover
· Access to free parking
· Active social and charity events
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Onsite facilities
· Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks