Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Calibration Mechanic- C...
Monarch Engineering; Line Maintenance provider of the year 2017; are in their 50th year. We are a dedicated and customer focused company who are looking for a Senior Mechanic to join our Luton Component Maintenance Team
As Senior Mechanic – Component Maintenenace Centre - you will be responsible for supporting dedicated tooling calibration and management process ensuring compliance is maintained to British Aviation Industry & Manufacturer Standards.
Your duties will include:
· Carrying out calibration / maintenance & repairs to the required standards
· Work with the team to achieve turnaround times
· Maintain Health and safety
· Support departmental efficiency drive, housekeeping and training
· Support other team members
· Provide a professional approach to customers
· Tooling calibration knowledge
· Knowledge of H&S regulations
· Understanding of aircraft / handheld and electrical tooling & Calibration standards
· Understanding of manufactures repair procedures
· Knowledge of British Standards AS17025 / UKAS
· Microsoft Office knowledge
· AMOS - Desirable
· Hand Skills commensurate with tooling calibration workshop experience
· Computer based skills to support certification of parts & reporting
· Technical ability to understand engineering drawings & instructions
· Calibration workshop experience
· Good educational standards in English and Math (to support mathematical equations)
· Communication – verbal and written
· Organisational skills
· Hand skills
Monarch is a leading UK independent airline group and offers a wide range of career opportunities within a scheduled airline, in-house tour operator and an award-winning engineering division. The airline flies from five UK bases: London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds-Bradford and Luton, where it is headquartered. The airline offers 6 million sector seats to leisure destinations; the tour operating division offers package holidays across the airline’s scheduled network focusing on beach, city and ski breaks and the engineering division provides aircraft maintenance services to clients located in east and west Europe, the Middle East, Australia and North America. Monarch was voted the world’s most punctual low cost carrier in OAG’s Punctuality League 2016.
Monarch is an innovative, challenging and fun place to work. At Monarch we are all about people, our employees are our greatest asset, we constantly listen to their feedback and believe they are fundamental to the success of our business. Whether your office is in one of our UK bases or at 35,000 feet we want you to feel enthusiastic about the company you work for, the passionate people you work alongside and the customers you make a real difference to every day.