Bank Healthcare Assistant
Gatwick IRC, RH6 0PQ
£10.49 per hour
To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- NVQ Level 3 Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving Licence.
The benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
• Company pension scheme with employer contributions
• G4S Life Assurance Scheme
• G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
• G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
• O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
• Child Care vouchers
• Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
• Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
• Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
• Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)