Desktop Support Engineer / Deskside Support / 2nd Line -Banking
Desktop Support Engineer / 2nd Line Support Engineer / Deskside Support / Level 2
We are currently seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to work onsite at a global banking client in Canary Wharf on a permanent basis.
As a member of the Desktop Operations team, provide specialist technical support and/or change in accordance with SLA/OLA definitions and targets. Provide support to the Team Leaders in delivery of day to day service.
The candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales Identify ways of improving productivity and lowering costs which provides enhanced service value and/or cost savings.
- Manage own workload to ensure that assigned activities are completed within targets defined within SLA's/OLA's.
- Demonstrate high levels of customer care behaviours at all times and adopt an approach that shows consistent commitment to providing a customer focused quality service.
- Work across lines of service to ensure a coordinated approach to providing support for the customer. Cooperate with other teams and 3rd parties to ensure all services are delivered within service level targets and according to best practice.
- Carry out incident and change activity delivering the productivity levels expected by Desktop Operations and Account Management.
- Actively participate in a program of Continuous Service Improvement taking ownership of actions that deliver results.
The candidate will hold an expert knowledge & experience in appropriate area of technology support with excellent customer care skills. They will have a technical grasp of strategic platforms such as Microsoft, Networks and Security, WAN, LAN, Exchange 2003. They will hold excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales. They will have an understanding of ITIL Service Support and Delivery disciplines and methodologies and experience using a help desk call management system. Previous financial services experience is essential.
This role will be covering a rota of 7am-7pm Monday to Friday so all candidates must be flexible to this.
Please call or send your CV for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
About Lorien Resourcing Limited
Lorien is a specialist technology recruitment consultancy and service provider working across a wide variety of sectors, including technology, banking, telecoms, finance, pharmaceuticals and utilities.
With almost 40 years’ experience working with professionals of all levels and organisations of all sizes, Lorien has an established reputation for delivering high quality, market-leading recruitment services. Lorien has offices in London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham.