The Industrial Cleaner is responsible for cleaning around a busy warehousing site. This is a physically demanding role which involves manual handling activities involving the usage of industrial cleaning equipment. Applicants must be physically fit and be willing to work in chilled and frozen environments as well as working outside in all weathers. May also include climbing ladders, using platforms, working at a high level, cleaning with chemicals and using hot water.
The role is based at our largest temperature controlled storage and logistics site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- Hourly wage £7.80 per hour paid weekly.
- Working 8 hours per day,5 shifts per week.
- Flexibility regarding working hours is required as you may occasionally be required to work at weekends if there are important customer visits or audits planned
- Authorised overtime may occasionally be required and is paid at x1.5 basic pay.
- 28 holidays per year including Bank Holidays.
- Personal Protection Equipment provided
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Immediate start available
- Progression opportunities available
- The role is open to a friendly reliable person who is willing to work hard to get the tasks done!
- Previous experience of industrial cleaning would be ideal.
- Must be physically fitwith no back or mobility problems
- Experience using FLT and Scissor Lift equipment would be advantageous
- A valid First Aid certificate would be advantageous but is not essential
- Expected to be able to recognise potentially hazardous situations/materials and respond accordingly.
- Should have good verbal communication skills.
- Able to work at a high level if necessary.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and be flexible and willing to help out colleagues as requested.
- May occasionally required to help out at other sites in the UK.
- Full health and safety training will be provided.
- Various cleaning duties according to the pre-planned schedules. Such as, but not limited to, washing walls, cleaning ceilings, windows, industrial vacuuming, emptying industrial waste bins, general housekeeping.
- Cleaning external areas of buildings, including yards, roofs and external walls.
- Ensure that all waste products produced during tasks are segregated and disposed of correctly.
- Ensuring the working environment remains clean and tidy, and promoting good housekeeping.
- Undertake allocated duties in a courteous and unobtrusive manner.
- Be sensitive to private conversations and information if carrying out duties in offices.
- Ensure that services and work conducted comply with current regulations, accepted professional standards and to adhere to all Company policies, procedure and training and ensure adherence to all health and safety and hygiene rules.
- To carry out other duties as requested from time to time.
Does this sound like the role you’ve been searching for? Do you have these skills?
If you want to join The Ice Co family as our new Industrial Cleaner - please click Apply
Please include your CV and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.
The Ice Co strive to respond to all online applicants, however we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.