Job Title:Lead App Developer
Key Skills:C#, Android, iOS, Xamarin.
About the role
The Lead App Developer will:
- Own and take full responsibility for the development, quality, robustness and on-time delivery of new versions of the company app to be released on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with product strategy stakeholders inside the company (and potentially outside) to refine and define the functionality, specifications and features of each new version of our app.
- Work intimately and effectively with colleagues developing device firmware and cloud services, as well as with test and QA functions.
- Initially, work as the lead developer of our app and, as we grow, work with (and potentially manage) other members of a larger app development team.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Significant experience of app development (C#), testing and deployment across iOS and Android platforms. Specific experience of the Xamarin cross-platform development environment would be a great advantage.
- Experience of consumer-facing app or website development, incorporating collaboration with user-experience designers, and demonstrating the highest standards of attention to usability and user delight.
- Experience of, or an empathy/enthusiasm for, software incorporating gamification and/or social-networking capabilities.
- Experience of app/cloud communication - ideally gained using Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of app/device communication - ideally via Bluetooth.
- Experience of agile development, with a particular focus on regular, on-time, bug-free code-releases to a large user-base.
- A general willingness to OWN and be fully-responsible for the development and quality of our future app(s), whilst demonstrating an enthusiasm for the kind of flexible collaborative working that’s essential in a company of our size
Job Reference Code –MJH2527
MJH Personnel Associates Ltd – 01223 870937
MJH Personnel Associates Ltd. Registered company address: The Commercial Centre, 6 Green End, Comberton, Cambridge, CB23 7DY. Registered in England and Wales No. 04378853.