Get new similar jobs by email for

Lead Software Developer


Lead Software Developer

Lead Software Developer

Are you seeking a lead role in a software development team but still want to remain 'hands-on' and continue to develop software? Then this job is well worth considering.

This Lead Software Developer job is based in Belfast and comes with a salary of £45k per annum plus a benefits package you can tailor to suit your own individual needs.

Who is the company?

This lead job in software development is with a major UK wide company that provides large-scale solutions to major companies across both the public and private sectors. They employ around 3,000 people across the UK but there main IT hub is located here in Belfast. The technology stack is very much Microsoft centric and they would utilise Visual Studio and the .NET framework along with C#, MVC, and N-Tier development using WCF and Web API.

Would does this job involve?

Although this is a team lead position it is very much a hands-on job. 80% of your time will be spent developing software while the remaining 20% will be allocated to mentoring junior developers, taking part in appraisals, allocating work and recruiting for other team members.

This job will be part of a delivery and support team but this does not mean you will spend most of your time fixing bugs. There is a considerable amount of bespoke software development to be done. You will be tasked with development custom modules for systems that are already in operation, working on upgrades for these systems as well as solving software defects. You will provide leadership to ensure the customer requirements and SLA targets are met.

Since this is a technical position you will need to be able to identify the most appropriate method for solution implementation based on product configuration.

What size is the team?

You will be leading a team of 6-8 software developers and working closely with client delivery specialists and business analysts. You will also be working with an off-shore team of testers in Chennai so experience with this would be ideal.

What skills and experience are required for this job?

Ideally, we would like to see applications for software developers who have experience leading a team. We would consider senior developers who have taken the lead on specific projects who are seeking to take the next step in there career. This experience should include providing support to customer on technical, software and database issues as well as working with remote teams. You must have a high level of interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with other teams as well as the client directly. You must have the ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities to meet targets.

Technical Skills

Your technical background must include C#, MVC, N-Tier development (using WCF / Web API), SQL Server, XML/XSLT and Team Foundation Server.

This is the jobs for me! What's next?

To apply for this job send your CV by using the links provides. Although the closing date is on the 20th October, do not hesitate as the hiring manager is reviewing CV's as they are submitted. Alternatively, you can contact Gareth Stirling directly on 028 9091 85228 for a confidential discussion on this job and your career.


Corvus is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a difference. We take an intelligent, people centric approach to recruitment, putting the needs of job seekers and clients at the heart of everything we do. Our team has over 70 years’ combined experienced within the industry and each is truly a specialist in their sector with inch wide mile deep knowledge, enabling us to best understand your needs. Owned by two dedicated directors with extensive expertise in the Northern Ireland, Great Britain and Republic of Ireland marketplaces, Corvus takes a smart look at the evolving world of recruitment to deliver consistent results and lasting relationships. At Corvus, we “get” people.

Our specialist divisions

Corvus recruit for permanent, temporary and contract jobs across the following markets:
  • Accountancy & Finance
  • Business Support
  • Digital & IT
  • Engineering & Technical
  • Management & Sales
  • Procurement & Supply
  • Doing the right thing
  • Inquisitive
  • Enjoyment
  • Responsibility
  • Loyalty

To build long term, intelligent recruitment relationships based on trust. To delight our clients by recruiting the best talent, helping them build their businesses. To align our candidates career ambitions with the best opportunities.

Job Summary

  • Company
    Corvus Recruitment
  • Location
    Belfast, N Ireland
  • Salary
    40,000.00 - 45,000.00 £  per year  pension, parking
  • Job Type
    Full Time
  • Job Category:
    IT/Software Development
  • Occupations:
    General/Other: IT/Software Development
  • Industries
    Computer Software
  • Job Reference Code
  • Contact:
    Gareth Stirling
  • facebook
  • twitter