Are you looking for the next step in your finance career? Are you Part Qualified or Newly Qualified in a CIMA or similar qualification? This Management Accountant role could be exactly what you need for a brand-new challenge in 2017.
You should be commercially minded and able to work in a fast-moving operational environment in a family owned and operated storage and logistics business. You should be eager to contribute and will play a crucial role in the ongoing success of the business. Previous experience in either 3rd party logistics, fast moving consumer goods, warehousing or supply chain would be ideal.
The Management Accountant role is primarily responsible to control the account preparation for four storage and logistics sites. Reporting to the MD and contributing as part of the senior management team. The role will also lead the small finance dept of three administrators in this close-knit team.
The role is based at our largest storage and logistics site in South Kirkby, West Yorkshire. This site is close to the A1 from Junction 38 or Barnsdale Bar A639 and is within commutable distance of Leeds, Doncaster, Pontefract and Wakefield.
- Opportunity to play a crucial role in the ongoing success of the business and be a part of the operation as it happens.
- Generous annual salary ranging from £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
- Study support available if required
- Immediate start available
- Generous holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Free secure on site parking is provided.
- The role is open to an ambitious part qualified or newly qualified Management Accountant.
- Solid demonstrable management accounts experience
- Confident communication skills are required
- A flexible, friendly, outgoing person with a committed work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Previous work in a similar background would be particularly advantageous
- You must possess excellent IT skills and have a very high standard of numeracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Previous experience of Access Dimensions software would be a distinct advantage.
- Monthly account pack preparation for four busy sites.
- Variance analysis on costs against budget and year to date
- Production of KPIs and reports
- Attending and taking an active role in the weekly Management Operations meeting
- Managing and developing the finance team to provide the best possible service to the business.
- Assisting the MD to prepare financial information for presentation in monthly meetings
- Working closely with the Directors to cost out ‘What If’ Scenarios
- Take part in contract negotiations and projects which review processes and efficiency
- Yearly production of budgets and production of statutory accounts
- Monthly reconciliations, balance sheet, VAT returns
- Weekly reconciliation and production of flash reporting
- Production of accruals and prepayments and the associated journals
- Liaising with suppliers and negotiating payment terms
Does this sound like you? Do you have these skills? Interested? If you want to join The Ice Co family - please click Apply.
Include your CV (explaining any gaps in employment) and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience.
Individuals selected for interview will be contacted by telephone, so please include your daytime telephone number.