Intertek’s Exploration & Production group work closely with major clients throughout the oil & gas industry, understanding their Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification needs and delivering outstanding service. From our site at Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Intertek is a UK leading provider of Offshore Chemists. We have over 30 years’ experience and over 50 people in field personnel roles, working throughout the North Sea and worldwide, delivering Total Quality Assurance to our clients.
To meet growing client demand, we are currently looking for graduates with a degree in a scientific discipline and those with relevant industry experience to join the Field Services team, to provide chemistry support to the oil and gas industry.
As a member of the Field Services team, you will travel to installations throughout the North Sea to provide production chemistry support to our clients. This work is largely offshore but could include onshore sites and there is the possibility of work outside of the UK.
Successful candidates will receive training to enable them to undertake this challenging role. You will be engaged on a zero-hours basis to meet our clients’ ad-hoc requirements. You will be paid a day rate for trips based on several factors including your background and experience.
The key tasks include:
- Routine sampling and analysis of oil, gas and other critical process samples
- Production of technical reports, and reporting to clients in a timely manner
- Performing various chemistry related duties offshore including scale squeezes and oil in water monitoring
- Undertake any training as directed by the company to expand areas of competency
- Demonstrate personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Ensure compliance with site operators’ procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and skills/qualifications:
- Degree in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry
- Organised and methodical in approach to work
- Good laboratory practice and experience
- Safety conscious approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to work well with colleagues and client site personnel
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills (including MS office) are desired
- Flexible attitude to working hours