Up to (12) Days per year (+ training days)
We are currently looking for a Panel Member with recent experience within the Education sector to join our Fostering Panel in our Wales area. The Wales office is based in Neath and the fostering panel meet at this office.
As a panel member your duties will include:
- To read the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- To take responsibility for participating in the making of a recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
- To attend at least 75 per cent of meetings of the panel.
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested.
- To participate, with other panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions.
- To participate in panel induction and in panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
- To participate constructively in the annual review of their panel membership, if this is an agency requirement.
In line with our values, we expect each panel member to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of ‘children in care,’ foster carers, and the community in which they live.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about Fostering and Adoption services.