Procurement officer public sector
Procurement Officer circa £31,000 social housing. OJEU or Contracts finder system required.
Your new company
A government agency operating in regulation of the social housing sector. Must have OJEU experience or Contracts finder systems knowledge.
Your new role
- Establishing the procurement strategy, policy, procedures and template documents and working with Legal Services, ensuring that these comply with legislation, government policy and good practice including instruction from Cabinet Office and Crown Commercial Service (CCS);
- Providing guidance and training on the application of the procurement policy and procedures;
- Providing input into individual procurement plans or strategies including identification of potential solutions established by CCS or other central purchasing bodies
- Approving the content of Contracts Finder and OJEU notices with Devolved Procurement Leads and upload these to the Contracts Finder and OJEU.
- Approving the content of tender documentation and associated information with Procurement Leads with specific focus on the evaluation criteria and upload these to CA's extranet environment to coincide with the above notices;
- Receiving and opening tenders for all procurements above £10,000 as a probity and integrity control independent of evaluators or those approving award decisions;
- Maintaining a central record of all procurement activity in a contract register;
- Maintaining records of all procurement spend to be provided to DCLG and Cabinet Office on request;
- Complying with the transparency obligations for both contract awards and expenditure;
What you'll need to succeed
A proven track record in procurement with an industry specific background.
What you'll get in return
A great long term temp opportunity with the opportunity for a permanent placement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.