Get new similar jobs by email for
Ambitious, up and coming high value capital equipment Sales Manager required to take full P&L responsibility for the UK & Ireland; to be a Country Sales Manager / General Sales Manager for an internationally recognised manufacturing group.
BASIC: up to £65,000 + OTE £75,000 open ended + Company Car + Company Pension + 25 days’ holidays plus Statutory
AREA: UK & Ireland. Candidate to be based NW England. Head Office in Manchester
COMPANY - Sales Manager
We are an internationally recognised authority and leading manufacturer of thermal process validation and monitoring systems sold to the food, pharmaceutical & medical sectors; sectors where manufacturing processes require temperature regulation and monitoring to ensure safety, energy savings, improvement of quality and optimisation, and where accurate and complete documentation is essential.
With a European Head Office and wholly owned subsidiaries on every continent, we have representation in 120 countries worldwide and over the last 10 years seen significant increase in gross margin and profitability. The fact that over 20,000 of our systems are in active use worldwide is testament to the accuracy, versatility and reliability of our products and solutions.
OVERVIEW - Sales Manager
Within the UK & Ireland, we are the market leading supplier of thermal process validation solutions to the food manufacturing arena and over the last 5 years made significant inroads into the pharmaceutical & medical manufacturing industry sectors.
To build on this success, we require a Sales Manager (General Manager / Country Manager) to develop sales within the UK & Ireland through effective sales management and key account development. This region has the potential to become one of the most important markets for us and as such, we have committed significant resource to this region. This includes a new UK head office with R&D / service facilities and a plan to increase the external sales and technical teams by another 3 within 12 months.
PERSON PROFILE - Sales Manager
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet the following criteria. You will:
* Have a proven track record of selling technically advanced, complex capital equipment to any manufacturing environment. Any experience of selling to the food processing, beverage, biopharmaceutical or medical technology market sectors would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
* Ideally have experience of managing sales personnel; that could be in a direct man management capacity or as a deputy/second in command. Either way, you will be a well-qualified, commercially astute “Rising Star” with a natural sales and proactive management style, able to step up and take responsibility for small but growing UK sales operation.
* Highly likely have held any one of the following roles and sold any of the following types of products (as examples): Sales Engineer, Sales Manager. Regional Sales Manager. UK Sales Manager. General Manager. High Cost Capital equipment. Temperature Control. Test & Measurement Instrumentation. Packaging Machinery. Process Machinery. Material Handling Equipment.
PROSPECTS - Sales Manager
* This is the perfect opportunity for an up and coming sales manager to take responsibility for the whole of the UK & Ireland; to be a Country Manager / General Manager with full P&L responsibilities
* We are looking to invest heavily in this individual and over time, want this individual to take on greater responsibilities and grow within our organisation.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Sales Manager, reference JG1706-27 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
We are an executive search and retained recruitment consultancy that have an established reputation for successfully recruiting key personnel for major organisations across the UK and Europe.
We consistently exceed the expectations of our clients by adopting an innovative, results orientated approach. We help them secure the very best candidates, utilising a range of bespoke recruitment solutions and market intelligence to identify, select and secure those talented individuals. Proven track record in recruiting both one-off and multi-assignment campains. Provision of the highest level of selection service at a cost effective price. Time effective, proven process providing the very best candidates.