Intertek’s Exploration & Production group work closely with major clients throughout the oil & gas industry, understanding their Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification needs and delivering outstanding service.
We are currently seeking a Sample Co-ordinator at our Bridge of Don, Aberdeen laboratory. This part-time role over 3 days a week reports to the Senior Sample Co-ordinator and involves booking in of hydrocarbon and water samples (mainly but not exclusively from the offshore industry) for analysis and reporting. This is a key business support role that requires excellent attention to detail and working closely with colleagues as part of a small team.
Typical duties include:
- Responsible for sample receipt and booking in of samples using our Lab Automation System
- Generation of test worksheets, labelling of samples and arranging transfer to appropriate laboratory for all samples booked in
- Maintaining weekly record sheets detailing samples booked in and tracking their onward destination
- Liaise with colleagues in Business Support team to enable new customer accounts to be created as required
- Liaise with customers, Section Heads and Key Account Managers as required to obtain any information necessary to register samples
- Sampling of QC samples as required.
No specific qualifications are required for the role, but a good standard of schooling to Higher Grade level would be preferable. You must also be able to give examples of your experience and skills related to the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- A flexible attitude to work and willingness to learn
- Strong inter-personal skills. Ability to liaise with a wide range of staff, outside organisations and individuals in a professional and sensitive manner
- Excellent time management and organisational skills – ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work accurately within tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail