Security Officer / Security Guard
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: London Biggin Hill Airport, Bromley, TN16
Closing Date: Monday 7 August 2017
Biggin Hill Airport is a Business and General Aviation airport 12 miles from central London and inside the M25. The airport is a gateway for visiting aircraft to London, a cluster of aviation engineering companies providing aircraft servicing and support for aircraft and a centre for private flying and flying training.
This is a responsible position within the airport's security department. It involves general security duties on a shift basis as part of the security team, general security administration and record keeping. You will come into contact with and build relationships with, a wide range of people, both airport staff and also key contacts within tenant companies as well as passengers, air crew and other airport visitors.
The role entails general security duties working across all areas of the airport, internally and externally. The hours of work will be a rostered average 42 hour week.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Operational Security Duties
- To carry out general security duties as required
- To man the main Airport entrance and other Airport entry points
- To carry out searches as required for aviation security purposes of passengers and their baggage, staff and other airport workers, aircraft, buildings and vehicles as required
- To prevent prohibited articles entering a restricted zone by operating x-ray equipment, other screening and detection devices ensuring compliance with UK NASP Directives, DfT requirements and service delivery standards and Airport standard operating procedures
- To undertake patrols by foot or vehicle of airport premises and periphery
Airport Safety and Security
- Establish and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with Airport tenants, other Airport users, Airport Authority and Airport Control Authorities (Customs, Immigration, Police)
- Assisting with measures to ensure airport safety e.g. keeping wildlife away from the airfield, CCTV monitoring/review
- Ensure all equipment, including keys, radios and vehicle keys are signed in and out and are fully accounted for during the shift
- Make enquiries and submit reports on incidents as instructed by the Security Supervisor and/or in accordance with security procedures
You will enjoy meeting a wide variety of people and delivering great customer service whilst at the same time ensuring that security procedures are followed at all times. You will be confident and able to make decisions in sometimes pressurised situations, dealing with a wide range of challenges, whilst always seeking to maximize customer service and ensuring the safety and security of the airport. Working within a small team you will be a self motivated team player who is prepared to be flexible in an environment where no two days are ever the same. You will have good attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work.
- A full UK driving license - PLEASE NOTE manual license required our client will not accept automatic licenses.
- For the duration of employment approval to work in airport security following a Criminal Record/Counter Terrorist Check
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to pass a basic medical examination (sight, hearing etc.)
- Previous experience in a Customer Service role
- Previous experience as a security guard
- First aid trained
- Health & Safety qualification and/or experience
PLEASE NOTE: Our client will only consider applications from candidates who have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; SIA Security Officer, SIA Security, SIA, Security Officer, Security Officer, Gatehouse Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Security Enforcement Officer, SIA Licence, SIA Licenced Security Officer will also be considered for this role.
About Bluetown Online
We've grown quickly since our inception in 2010 and we've a dedicated team of trained specialists who are well versed in attracting qualified employees to fit the needs of every organisation we work with.
We're an online recruitment agency that believes in delivering results. We're specialists in online resourcing, search and selection, candidate attraction and recruitment strategies. We manage recruitment campaigns from start to finish targeting active and passive candidates and have successfully hired the best talent for companies across a range of diverse industries throughout the UK.