Senior Architectural Technologist or Architect
Unique opportunity to join a fresh and innovative design and build studio with a great working environment.
An eco building specialist have an exciting new opportunity to join their growing design team. They are a multiple award design and build company and internationally recognised. They are constantly expanding their impressive client list and currently have projects across a wide range of commercial, public sector and residential schemes UK wide. They are looking for ambitious, hardworking and friendly people to join their close knit team.
The Role: They are looking for an experienced Architect or Architectural Technologist with excellent technical detailing, and specification abilities with experience of designing contemporary structures. The role will involve job running so an ability to deliver planning and building regulations, design detailing as well as running client and consultant meetings and site visits is essential. The principle day to day responsibilities are:
- Take a senior role in progressing initial concepts through to working drawings and manufacture making use of BIM.
- Liaison with clients to develop design concepts and manage projects as well as contractors and other specialists with efficiency and speed.
- Site visits to monitor progress and ensure smooth running of project and carry out final building inspection.
- Producing detailed drawings for building regulations applications and tender packages.
- Preparing planning applications.
- Co-ordinating the work of contractors
- Managing financial records and time deadlines
- Attend and when necessary chair client meetings.
Key skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience as an Architectural designer.
- Logical, motivated and professional with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills - verbal and written.
- Computer literate (ideally Apple Mac) with an excellent working knowledge of Archicad (Revit also considered) and BIM.
- Good eye for design and detailing.
- Ability to solve problems and raise critical with efficiency.
- and liaison with appropriate personnel.
- Driving license.
For further information please contact Martin Bowers on 07841364652.