Senior Payroll Specialist
They're the UK’s leading debt advice charity, with 1,500 colleagues, over 200,000 clients, and over £4.2 billion debt under management. For 25 years, They've provided advice and a comprehensive range of practical and effective solutions to help over 2 million people get their finances in shape and their lives back on track.
What they do and the people who work here are what make this place so rewarding. They've not just doing a job; you’re making a genuine positive difference to people when they need it most.
Position: Senior Payroll
Location: Leeds city centre
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
Salary: £26,089 - £29,000 dependent on experience
About the Role:
They're currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Specialist to ensure that the Charity’s payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner on a monthly basis.
- Delivering the completed monthly payroll submission for final review and approval in line with agreed timelines, providing processing support as necessary and allocating workloads as appropriate
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with review of pay processing work carried out by administrator colleagues, providing training to colleagues as required
- Ensuring compliance with all HMRC regulations in monthly processing
- Maintaining the system of payroll records and spreadsheets; proactively suggesting improvements to current systems and processes of recording and balancing
- Formatting and reconciling pension reports, running compliance checks through Aviva AME system and transmitting monthly payments reports to Aviva
- Supervising payment of all monthly payroll deductions to third parties, e.g. attachment of earnings, with appropriate backing documentation
- Collating and reporting payroll processing KPI’s on a monthly basis
They're looking for an ambitious, highly numerate individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills capable of multi-tasking and prioritising workloads, whilst working to strict deadlines. You’ll be able to demonstrate experience of working within large organisations, preferably with over 1000 employees.
You'll be required to demonstrate good organisation, communication, decision making and process improvement skills and preferably have experience in working with and manipulating large amounts of data from many different sources. You'll also need to demonstrate up to date knowledge of; HMRC regulations, rates and allowances, RTI, Auto-enrolment, Gender Pay Gap Reporting and Apprenticeship Levy.
You’ll need to be highly organised and enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you'll be required to work flexibly in order to deliver an excellent, end to end Payroll service.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Payroll, Senior Payroll Specialist, Payroll Administrator, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Officer, Payroll Specialist etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.