Technical Field Sales Specialist, Virus Production Systems
Job Title: Technical Field Sales Specialist, Virus Production Systems (Office Based)
About Our Client:
Our client, a leader in synthetic biology, offers products, services and technologies to support the discovery, development and production of biotherapeutics. Their novel technology platforms and evolving capabilities mean they are helping to overcome some of the major challenges facing the biopharma industry and so deliver on their mission to help their clients build better biologics.
They are located within purpose-fitted laboratories just South of Oxford.
• The Field Sales Specialist has responsibility for selling their products, services and technologies in their assigned portfolio to academic, biotech and pharma customers within the geographical limits of their territory to achieve their sales objectives.
• The portfolio consists of Virus Services, including the design of viral vectors (lentiviral, AAV, adenoviral and retroviral), the production of viral particles, and the generation of viral packaging and viral producer cell lines.
• The successful candidate will be able to drive a complex, highly technical sale from the introduction of the solution through to close and implementation.
• He/she must be able to speak technically to ensure their products and services are known and understood by prospective customer. In addition, he/she must be able to speak to both administrative and research staff to develop needs, gain consensus, and close new business as required within the account.
• This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to move into a technical sales role. You will be provided with extensive technical and sales training to enable you to succeed in this role.
• This role will be based in their office in Oxford and allow you to leverage direct access to their technical, commercial and support teams to enable you to be effective.
• Responsible for growing their business within the assigned geography for both customer accounts and prospect accounts.
• Will use their deep technical knowledge to deliver technical sales presentations focusing on developing demand and adoption of products, services and platform technologies.
• Coordinates all associated company activity at customer accounts and prospect accounts.
• Qualifies leads from several sources including other members of the commercial team, marketing, and other channels as required.
• Cultivates a strong working relationship with the entire commercial, marketing and support teams .
• Work closely with internal resources to develop and implement customer-specific sales strategies.
• Attend trade shows, sales meetings, and other activities to support customers and revenue growth..
• Manage customer data in the company CRM.
• Communicate market observations to the product marketing teams.
Minimum Qualifications Or Experience Needed:
• Bachelor’s and advanced degree required in Biological Sciences.
• Experience of molecular biology and cell biology techniques is essential.
• Experience of generating and engineering viral vectors would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strengths in networking and relationship development.
• Outstanding presentation skills as well strong oral and written communications skills.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
• Ability to travel 50% of time.
• Ability to travel to visit customers and attend trade shows.
Start date: October 2017
Fixed duration: Permanent
Salary: £25K-£35K pa Depending on Experience
Please apply online for this Technical Field Sales Specialist, Virus Production Systems role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
About Simplified Recruitment Limited
Simplified is the trusted recruitment platform used by 10,000+ companies to manage their recruitment. Our clients include various public sector enterprises (NHS, The University of Oxford), the private sector including the FTSE 100 (BT, British American Tobacco), and the Charity / Third Sector (RSPCA, Age UK, Wikipedia).