Title: Transport Planner
Start Date: TBC
Pay Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience
My Client is a UK multidisciplinary consultancy, providing a broad range of professional services covering the design, engineering, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We cover the whole of the UK with 50 offices and 3700 staff. The Cardiff infrastructure office, with over 150 staff, specialises in civil engineering and transportation. They are the leading local employer of transport planners and, due to our increasing workload, are expanding their 20-strong transportation team. They mainly work for public and private sector clients across South Wales but increasingly their workload is spread across the UK. They undertake a full range of challenging and varied work, ranging from the planning and design of public transport, rail and road schemes, to transport assessments, travel planning and public consultation work. You can expect to be involved in the production of transportation policies and strategies alongside modelling work, traffic management schemes and the delivery of professional services to a wide range of clients.
They are looking to recruit a transport planner who is passionate about creating excellent places and effective transport networks to join their successful transport consulting team in Cardiff. Their practice is involved in development, strategy and infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. These include high profile projects such as Brent Cross, HS2, Eastern Bay Link, a wide variety of strategy and policy work as well as focusing on developing sustainable transport solutions for projects in Wales and across the UK. You will need to bring key skills in strategic network planning for all transport modes, transport assessments, travel planning and all aspects of client liaison including developing funding documents, stakeholder engagement and project management. Their projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. Candidates should enjoy taking task responsibility as part of larger project teams and be keen to broaden their technical skills to support growth within the practice and their own career development.
You will provide technical support on a variety of projects which may include undertaking the following;
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Planning
- Analysis of traffic surveys and trip generation assessments
- Using modelling software such as JUNCTION 8 and TRICS etc.
- Production of Strategic reports focussing on sustainable transport enhancements, parking strategies, cycling strategies,
- Undertake, manage and facilitate stakeholder engagement on wide range of issues and topics
- Perform site assessments to better understand the transportation infrastructure surrounding developments
- Prepare, collect and present data, written information and analyses to inform the development of policies, plans and projects
- Work on projects to secure planning permission and produce the relevant reports needed to obtain planning permission
The Ideal Candidate will have:-
- A masters degree in Transport Planning (Professional qualifications and relevant bachelor degrees will also be considered)
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about transport planning
- Have excellent analytical, numeracy, problem solving skills and report writing skills
- Be interested in and have an appreciation of current transport policy and the key factors influencing national and local authority clients as well as private sector considerations;
- Demonstrate a proven track record in applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client / project requirements on a diverse range of projects;
- Have an ability to be proactive in finding appropriate solutions to project challenges and enthusiasm for innovation;
be able to work effectively within a team and to lead teams where appropriate;
- Have good organisational, communication, time and budget management skills;
- Most importantly demonstrate enthusiasm to develop their career and progress quickly as a consultant in the transport planning sector.
To apply for the role or for further information please contact Carol on 01524865512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK
About Intec Ltd
We have 150+ Recruitment Consultants Globally ensuring you get maximum exposure. Let us take the hard work out of job seeking.
We deliver recruitment solutions within the Power, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors working for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
Established in 1983 by Engineers for Engineers we provide Contract/Temporary and Permanent Recruitment Services within the industries above working for Owners/Operations, Consultancies, Contractors & Sub-Contractors.